WEEK 1: FRESH Swelling, tenderness, redness and bleeding are normal.
WEEK 2-4: HEALING Yellow “crust” forms, this is normal. Simply clean as instructed, do NOT pick.
WEEK 5-8: JEWELLERY DOWNSIZE TIME Come in for a check-up, you may need a downsize.
AVOID CHLORINATED POOLS AND SPAS, RIVERS AND LAKES FOR 4 WEEKS.
- Spray 3 times daily with STERILE SALINE. - Dry gently with clean gauze. - Do NOT twist/turn your jewellery. - Do NOT sleep on your piercing. (Earlobe piercings are the exception) - Keep soaps/lotions/sunscreen/makeup AWAY from the piercing. - Piercings take 3+ months to heal.
- Use an alcohol free mouthwash morning and night after cleaning your teeth. If you do not normally use mouthwash then please dilute it 50/50 with clean, cool water. - Spray outside of the piercing with STERILE saline 3 times daily. - New toothbrush. - Rinse with clean, cool water after eating/drinking/smoking. - Minimise smoking and avoid alcohol while healing - Eat soft foods that you can eat with a knife and fork, biting into larger foods may result in biting jewellery. Avoid anything too hot, spicy or crunchy. - Stay hydrated. Cool water and drinks will help with swelling and discomfort. - Do NOT twist/turn your jewellery. - Do NOT play with jewellery. - Downsize after 2-3 weeks. - No wet kissing or oral sex while healing.
- Follow FACIAL aftercare instructions. - Clean clothing/bras daily. - Navels – avoid high waisted clothing. - No body fluids/saliva on healing wounds. - Piercing takes 6+ months to heal.
- Follow FACIAL aftercare instructions. - Be careful not to catch on clothing etc. - Cover at night ONLY for the first week or 2. This will help with avoiding catching it during sleep while it is fresh. Otherwise let the piercing air/dry out. - Do NOT change tops yourself, please see us for this.
- If applicable, spray with STERILE saline 2-3 times daily and dry gently with clean gauze. - Drink plenty of water and urinate frequently. - Bleeding is normal. - No unprotected sex or oral contact while healing. Sex can resume when comfortable. Rinse the piercing/shower after sexual activity. - Do NOT use soap on the area. Clean water only. - Each genital piercing is different in terms of healing/downsizing etc. Your piercer will advise what is necessary.
- Sleeping on or bumping/catching your piercing will slow healing and can cause irritation bumps to form. This is especially common in cartilage and nostril piercings.
- In the event of bumps, working out what caused the issue and preventing that from happening again is your best course of action, along with resuming/continuing your aftercare.
- A visit to us is advised so we can check everything and ensure the jewellery is still fitting well with the irritation etc, and offer further advice if need be.
- Do NOT use alcohol/tea tree/antiseptics etc. These are damaging to the tissue and will prolong the healing process further. STERILE SALINE ONLY.